Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gluten Free Chicken Schnitzel Parmies!

(I say 'Parmies' because I have no idea how to spell the full word.) This works just as well with tofu.
Polenta for crumbing. Eggs. Chicken.
Dipped in eggs, rolled in polenta. Lightly brown in a pan.

Seeing as I have tomato sauce on EVERYTHING, I've decided to branch out and try new tomato sauces. I really am a rebel without a cause. Add sauce, avo and cheeeeese.
Bung in the oven at 180 for however long you can be assed. Checking often to check they ain't burnin'.

Add mash with spinach and onion (because you forgot to put the onion on the parmies). Add tomato sauce (the good stuff!) and then inhale.

SD ate EVERYTHING. Even though he bitches and moans when he sees I add spinach. Whatever Heather. Thrilled.


The leftover egg from the dipping, I added leftover chopped onion and a couple of extra eggs and chucked it in the frudge for easy scrambled eggs in the morn.

I give this meal an 8 out 10 for taste.
7 out of 10 for ease of cooking.

Peas n' Sausages,
SH.


2 comments:

  1. Alright, scrap that - VT thinks it's not a good idea to reuse the eggs. I have done it before and didn't have any ill effects, but better to be safe than sorry. You can tell I'm new at this cooking thing huh?

    Perhaps a better idea would be to have the eggs in a jug, and pour a little more into the bowl as you need them, that way the untouched egg can be reused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent idea, or maybe just even use 1 egg to start...never know, you might be able to scrape up enough egg coating, and then only crack another egg if you must :)

    ReplyDelete