Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I heart....

My new Sunbeam food processor. Whilst on the hunt, we didn't look up reviews on the web, as is my usual preparation for a big purchase. We did however, check out prices at a few stores before deciding on an Oscar Mini by Sunbeam. I bought all my vegetables and thought just before I started, I double checked the reviews...and well, they were ALL bad. It took all the strength I had not to open it and use it anyway.....I have a problem with self discipline (I will just put some dishes in the dishwasher, and then quickly check my mail, then hang out most of the washing, oh look! Duplo!) and I'm really stoked I held out.

We replaced it with a bigger Sunbeam and it's like, my new baby. I kiss it tenderly and hold it close. So far I've blended roasted sweet potato, roasted butternut pumpkin, zuchinni and carrots to puree. I froze it all in organised Tupperware splendour (in the hamburger patties containers) and bpa free milk storage cubes. I kept a little of the pumpkin out and did the following things to encourage SB to eat some vegetables.

- Spread on toast with corn and cheese, grilled (he wasn't interested, but I was only too happy to eat the vibrant orange toast - so bright it was hard to believe there was no colouring, I hate artificial colouring).
- 2 parts pumpkin to one part nutella. Sadly, he'd just gone to the toilet and was very suspicious of what I was trying to get him to eat. Whatevs, I ate it. I couldn't even taste the pumpkin! Genius.

The house is now clean and ready to be totally messed up now that all of our guests have arrived. It will be interesting to see the damage. Thankfully we have outsourced Christmas

How will your house hold up after Christmas? Hope you have a great one and get at least something to make your housewifery journey better.....I suspect cook books! There is a funny thing with SDs family, if you want something in particular, they won't get it....which sucks because I could really do with some kitchen scales and a kitchen timer. Will have to look them up on ebay, I guess that way I can make sure they are second hand and retro enough for my kitchen.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
- SH

1 comment:

  1. I have seen two lots of kitchen scales at the oppy down the road from me. Might be worth a look after Christmas? We can go op-shopping and buy our own Christmas presents! Have a great Christmas. I am super excited as we are having Dave's family here for breakfast, so I have work to go and do now, but I am still super excited. I wanted to start a family tradition of having Cohen open his presents at home Christmas morning with his family. :)

    ReplyDelete